We deliver high-quality learning through a variety of online formats. We will help you select the right method – or combination of methods – to meet the outcomes you want. As well as our acclaimed open course programme, we also design, develop and deliver tailored training both in Turkey and internationally. We have extensive experience running courses for corporations around the globe and hosting international delegations.
Education & Training Services
Certainty & Stability
It’s important for business owners, managers, and other professionals to have a basic understanding of law to help them make better decisions. Just as there are laws that apply to people, there is a huge body of law that applies to business. Businesses need these laws for the same reasons that people do: to define unacceptable behavior, to provide certainty and stability, to protect the public, and to provide a mechanism for businesses to resolve disputes.
Throughout a business’ existence, it can do most things that a person can do, and we need laws to control those activities. A business can buy and sell property, sue and be sued, enter into contracts, hire and fire employees, and even commit crimes.
It’s also important for business owners, managers, and supervisors to understand what rights the business has against other businesses and individuals. For example, if you have an employee who is not doing his or her job, you should know your options. If you enter into a contract with another business, you need to know who is bound to the contract, as well as what happens if those individuals cannot perform what they legally agreed to do.
Awareness of Legal Matters
BL seminers and courses are not intended to make anyone an expert in any area of law, but instead to make business managers, owners, and executives more aware of the many legal issues that arise in the day-to-day operation of any business. Being aware of these potential issues will help you make the judgment calls and decisions that business professionals makes on a daily basis. A basic understanding of law can help you spot potential legal issues as they come up, make better decisions, and know when to seek legal help.
Whether you are an entrepreneur starting your own business, a manager advancing your career at a Fortune 500 company, or just starting out in the business world, taking law courses will better prepare you for a successful and rewarding career in business.
Advanced Training Courses
BL offers advanced training courses which enable business owners, CEO’s, domestic and international lawyers to become more familiar with the most recent developments in the fields of Turkish and international law and to advance their knowledge and skills. BL courses offer interactive educational sessions, workshops, and study tours in several areas, including:
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Negotiation Skills
- Drafting International Contracts
- AML & Sanctions Compliance
- Efficient Mechanisms of International Dispute Settlement
We offer education and training programs for different demands of companies’ departments in ordere to minimize the mistakes caused by false or outdated legal information. Some of our education programs are as follows;
Training on Anti-Bribery and Preventing Corruption
- Corruption perception index of Transparency International
- Anti-Corruption Agreement of the United Nations
- Provisions related to bribery and corruption in Turkish Criminal Law
- The measures to prevent bribery and corruption
- Methods to combat bribery and corruption in Law of Criminal Procedure
- Bribery and corruption in judicial decisions
- Policy of companies to combat bribery and corruption
- Regulations regarding business ethics rules of companies
Training on FCPA (USA Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
- Bribery and corruption crimes in multinational companies
- Cross border practices
- Liability of companies
- Foreign public servant
- Element of intent
- Active and passive bribery crimes
- Liabilities of companies
- Business development expenses
- The correlation between the speed of the process and the expenses.
Training on UKBA (UK Bribery Act):
- National and international legal regulations
- Bribery and corruption crimes in multinational companies
- Intercorporate adoptions programs
- Guidance and regulations related to corporate compliance
- Tracing and supervising mechanisms
- Risk analysis
- Attuning third persons
- Defending in local and foreign courts
Occupational Health and Safety Education:
- Labour legislation
- Legal rights of employees
- Liabilities of employees
- Legal rights of employers
- Liabilities of employers
- The legal consequences originated from occupational accidents
- The legal consequences originated from occupational illness
- Violation of the freedom to work and labour crimes
- Preventing the exercise of crimes against the rights of trade unions
Mediation Training Workshop
This course (workshop) explore the practice of mediation in emphasizing the policies underlying these increasingly significant and evolving area. It teaches how to identify actual legal dispute as well as the nature of the parties and their relationship. It instils essential mediation skills to identify, negotiate and draft specific to a contemplated business transaction or actual dispute. It provides participants with an in-depth examination of the rules guiding behaviour in various mediation processes.
The course allows participants to gain hands-on mediation experience in legal settings of Turkey and international mediation bodies. It introduces the basic approaches to evaluating cases in the mediation context. It brings an international perspective to understanding the impact of culture in the most commonly used international and domestic mediation practices. This course examines methods of effective mediation used in other countries and compares them to those employed in Turkey.
The course covers not only legal aspect of mediation but also practical aspects such as the methods of effective dispute resolution, employing systematic techniques, how to bring parties together to discuss and negotiate, the ways of establishing a communication process between the parties in order to ensure that they understand each other and find their own solutions. Course content is divided into Knowledge Development and Skills Development topics.
Court vs Mediation vs Arbitration: Claims and Dispute Management
- Understanding of the underlying policies and legal ramifications for the range of
- Dispute resolution options that are available
- Adequate skills for conducting dispute resolution processes
- Understanding of the wide variety of dispute resolution policies and issues that affect
practitioners engaged in a dispute resolution practice
- Ability to apply concepts, tools and principles of business management necessary for
leadership in dispute resolution
Recent failures of financial institutions in combatting money laundering have increased the pressure on supervisory authorities. There is a need to strengthen the anti-money laundering (AML) supervision, as well as the expectations on financial institutions themselves to enhance their ability to manage those risks – starting from better risk understanding, appropriate governance to effective and comprehensive control processes.
The intermediate-level course on AML has been designed for both senior professionals in the financial services industry working in the AML area and representatives of supervisory authorities. In addition to providing thought provoking content on evolving industry and supervisory practices, the course will be a platform to stimulate exchange and debate between the public and private sectors.
The Chatham House rule
The course, which will be held under the Chatham House rule, will provide an opportunity to financial institutions professionals to improve their understanding of supervisory mechanisms and expectations, and act as a forum to interact and exchange views with peers on the latest industry trends in risk management processes and tools. For the supervisors the course provides an overview of good industry practices in managing the money laundering risk, as well as concepts and approaches for effective supervision. Topics covered are as foloows;
- Role of financial services firms in fighting financial crime
- Implications of financial crime risk for financial institutions and financial system stability
- Institutional architecture of financial crime supervision
- Key trends and evolutions in AML supervision
- Supervisory perspectives and expectations in relation to firms’ governance and internal control systems
- Use of AML risk assessment and risk appetite frameworks
- Key trends and evolutions in core control processes: customer due diligence, customer risk rating and transaction monitoring
For supervisors, the course provides a unique opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of which are the best practices that financial institutions are deploying to fight financial crime. It will also cover the frameworks and tools required to effectively supervise AML polices and processes at banks. For industry executives involved in the AML field, the course is equally unique as it provides an opportunity to enhance their understanding of current best practices and industry trends, share experiences with relevant peers and learn first-hand about supervisory perspectives and expectations on AML risk management.
No comments yet.