Mrs. Ayse Bıçak Ertekin is a nationally recognized mediator, arbitrator, conciliator and attorney with more than 20 years of legal experience including two decades as a neutral. She has presided over thousands of complex ADR proceedings involving diverse legal and factual issues.
Mrs. Ertekin is also a trial attorney in Bıçak Law’s Construction Law practice group with a background in contracts, construction, and commercial litigation. She appears regularly before courts as well as arbitral tribunals.
Mrs. Ertekin is well respected for her knowledge and innovative settlement strategies and sought-after mediator, arbitrator and attorney for business/commercial, engineering and construction, insurance coverage, partnerships, professional negligence, real estate, suretyship, and related disputes.
Mrs. Ertekin is also a trial attorney in Bıçak Law’s Construction Law practice group with a background in contracts, construction, and commercial litigation. She appears regularly before courts as well as arbitral tribunals. She serves as a client advocate in a large number of construction and/or design disputes in various courts and before arbitration tribunals in various cities throughout Turkey.
She is actively engaged in the structuring, negotiating and documenting of contract relationships in several industries. She has served as a commercial and construction mediator, arbitrator and attorney for over twenty years.
Mrs. Ertekin completed her bachelor degree in Marmara University Faculty of Law and did her legal internship in Istanbul Bar. She has qualified for a third-rate public notary by Republic of Turkey Ministry of Justice.
She took certificate of achievement after she has taken “Mediation Department of Ministry of Justice Practical and Written Exam”. Thus, she became one of the first mediators of Turkey.
Mrs Ertekin practises in the fields of commercial law, labour law, family law, criminal law, enforcement law, family law, enforcement law and consumer law.
She also takes part in various non-governmental organisations voluntarily. Adv. Ayşe Bıçak is one of the founder members of Association of Mediators Community. She is a member of Bar of Ankara Trip Club. She worked voluntarily in Bar of Ankara Judicial Assistance Committee in between 2010-2014. She continues her works as a member of Lawyer Rights Institute within the Head of Bar of Ankara since 2014(?). She is a volunteer lawyer in Union of Turkish Bars Associations Tree of Life project.
Throughout her career, she participated in many training activities and continued to improve herself in various fields. Some of her training is as follows;
– “Individual Application to European Court of Human Rights Education Seminar” coordinated by Bar of Ankara Human Rights Committee (15.03.2003)
– “Patient Rights” course coordinated by Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine (20.03.2003)
– “Law of Criminal Procedure Education Seminar” coordinated by Bar of Ankara (09.04.2004-12.04.2004)
– “Education Program & Development Seminar oriented Province and District Human Rights Committee members” coordinated by Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry Head of Human Rights (18.10.2004-19.10.2004)
– “Reconciliation Technics and Introduction to Practice” themed education within Mediator Advocate Education Program by Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute (23.07.2005)
– “Gradual Education of Turkish Lawyers on European Convention on Human Rights” seminar conducted by Council of Europe and Bars Association(03.07.2007)
– Judicial Assistance Education Seminar coordinated by Bar of Ankara (19.12.2009)
– UYAP-UBAP Education Seminar coordinated by the Union of Turkish Bar Associations (09.03.2012)
– “European Convention on Human Rights and European Court of Human Rights” education given online on educational platform of HELP (21.05.2014-15.09.2014)
– Union of Turkish Bars Associations Tree of Life Project (19.12.2014)