Participants in construction projects require timely advice from legal counsel. You require a partner with a strong understanding of this dynamic industry. From high-rise office buildings to mass transit systems to energy facilities and major infrastructure projects, our lawyers have the knowledge and experience to assist you.
We represent national and international construction clients throughout the country, including owners, architects, engineers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, specialty contractors, material suppliers and other parties involved with the design, construction and operation of commercial, public and residential properties.
Frequently, our construction industry clients seek advice ranging from project development, government contracts, finance, risk management or alternative dispute resolution to litigation. We have significant experience with construction industry claims and litigation. We frequently work with government contracting and industrial projects to help our clients devise effective strategies and solutions to resolve issues unique to the construction industry.
The areas of our expertise in the construction industry include:
- Contract review, negotiation and drafting
- Contract compliance – including change order and differing site condition issues
- Construction and mechanics liens
- Competitive bidding process, bid mistakes and protests
- Delay, acceleration, and suspension of work claims
- Design and construction defect claims
- Design professional negligence and malpractice claims
- Corporate compliance
- Environmental permitting and compliance as well as other environmental issues
- Government contracts
- Insurance coverage issues
- Job site injury claims
- Coverage under commercial general liability policies and other types of insurance
- Public construction, infrastructure and highway construction
- Public-private partnerships
- Litigation – including trials and appeals in the first instance courtss, regional courts and Appeal court,
- Alternative dispute resolution – including mediation and arbitration
- Advise on the potential environmental consequences of corporate, property and projects transactions.
- Advise on compliance and regulatory issues to help clients operate within regulatory boundaries and avoid investigation or prosecution.
- Defend clients when they get into trouble over water or air pollution, waste disposal, emission levels or health and safety. Such cases can involve criminal or civil actions, judicial reviews and even statutory appeals. They may also be subject to damaging media coverage.